Sunday, November 9, 2008

Grecian Formal Jewelry

PRESIDENT OBAMA

OF LAJULES

I know ... I have passed several days after the victory of Barack Obama's U.S. presidential election and maybe I spent too much time to enjoy the warmth and joy of this result. The fact is that I write about this event just today. Pardon.



I know that most of Italy is celebrating this historic moment with me (obviously not talking about Gasparri, who gladly send them to fight Al-Qaeda as much shake, or Berlusconi, with His jokes from Bagaglino then it's up to me to explain to Americans allibiti che incontro ogni giorno), e quindi non mi dilungherò in ardenti magnificazioni del nuovo Presidente degli Stati Uniti.

Voglio però dire la mia su un aspetto forse minore, ma di certo importante, di questa elezione. La campagna di John McCain e della agguerritissima Sarah Palin si è svolta attraverso tutte le tappe obbligate del tipo di propaganda che l’Italia si cucca tutti i giorni: insulti personali, dettagli senza importanza ingigantiti fino a diventare grotteschi, bugie eclatanti e vacui slogan ripetuti a macchinetta. Obama non ha mai voluto cedere ai litigi e alle accuse che non interessano al pubblico americano; si è attenuto ai fatti ed ha parlato all’americano medio di salute, lavoro, ecologia, diplomazia, and peace. No low blows, no insults. And suddenly the Republican campaign has turned into the fable of the emperor's clothes . When the friends of McCain insisted to remind the public that Obama is "Hussein" middle name when they called Obama a terrorist, a pervert, or (which is never!) A Muslim, Americans have learned to recognize the chorus of fear and made their choice.

After years of pointless bickering, I did not think was possible that the return policy to speak clearly and respectfully, giving importance to the facts rather than ideology married in bad faith. I do not know what will happen in the next few years, but I'm sure l’amministrazione Obama affronterà seri problemi e commetterà errori. Per il momento, però, voglio festeggiare un presidente che ha restituito dignità al dialogo politico.

0 comments:

Post a Comment